Director of Job Training Initiatives
Department: Job Training Initiatives/MediClerk (3040)
Position/Title: Director of Job Training Initiatives
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours per Week: 40
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Job Training Initiatives provides leadership for the management and expansion of Wellspring House’s job training programs. To date, Wellspring’s focus on job training has been in the health care field, namely through Wellspring Community Education’s MediClerk Training Program, run in close partnership with North Shore Medical Center (NSMC), North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG) and Partners HealthCare and housed on the NSMC Salem Hospital campus.
The Director hires and supervises program staff and faculty, ensuring a culture of collaboration, support, innovation and excellence. In keeping with Wellspring’s Strategic Plan 2019-2022, the Director advocates and plans for appropriate staffing levels in the program and enhanced student supports, especially as the number of students in the program increases. They oversee annual program budgeting and management of expenditures.
The Director represents the MediClerk Training Program and Wellspring House in our relationships with local employers, the local Workforce Investment Board, Mass Hire, several North Shore cities who provide funding for the MediClerk Training Program, and other external community partners as appropriate. They also oversee the state licensure process through the Division of Professional Licensure and the national accreditation process through the Council on Occupational Education. Finally, the Director is responsible to identify and pursue (in collaboration with the Executive Director) expansion efforts for the MediClerk Training Program as outlined in Wellspring’s 2019-2022 Strategic Plan, including building relationships with additional health care institutions and attracting new funding sources.
- At least five years of experience in a managerial position within educational administration, job training initiatives, or health care.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Health Care Administration, Social Work or related field. Or, substantial work experience in lieu of advanced degree
- Ample experience working with a lower-income population and providing front-line services to adults and families experience multiple stressors.
- Prior training in the area of Trauma Informed Care.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Approval by Division of Professional Licensure to teach subjects.
- Strong commitment to the Wellspring House mission.
- Computer competence in Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and e-mail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate.
- The ability to work well with a diverse group of students and faculty.
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. AA/EOE
Adult Education Academic Liaison
Department: Education (ALI/ESOL)
Status: Full Time
Position.Title Academic Liaison
Reports to: Director of Adult Education
Hours per Week: 40
Wellspring’s Adult Education programs are located at two outposts in Gloucester, MA: Wellspring House’s main offices on Essex Avenue and at the Sawyer Free Library downtown. The goal of our college preparatory and college-credit coursework (known collectively as the Adult Learning Initiative (ALI)), is to provide students with the tools needed for college and/or career readiness. The Liaison will be responsible for working with a broad range of students academically and socially. The main goal of the liaison is to guide students, create a positive and supportive learning experience and assist students in their next steps after completing coursework. This may include higher education, industry-specific certifications, or an alternative career path. In collaboration with the Director of Adult Education, the liaison will assist with the recruitment, intake and onboarding of new students. The Liaison will be asked to substitute as needed for college readiness classes.
In addition to supporting students’ academic success, the Liaison is expected to assess students’ social needs for basic resources that may get in the way of pursuing education (housing, transportation, childcare, food) and connect students with relevant community supports.
The Adult Learning Center (ALC), contained within the Sawyer Free Library, houses Wellspring’s HiSET/GED Preparation Program (HGPP) where students are matched with tutors and supported throughout the academic process. The liaison will act as a proctor for HiSet/GED exams as scheduled. The Adult Learning Center also houses Wellspring’s English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program. The Liaison will spend time getting to know ESOL students and conducting intake/assessments for their entry into ALI courses.
Weekly hours fluctuate based on students’ and course schedules and may include 1-2 evening sessions per week from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
- Advise and provide case management of Adult Learning Initiative/Adult Learning Center students.
- Create student success plans with SMART goals.
- Collect, enter, and analyze program data, including recruitment, intake and attendance outputs.
- Maintain student files.
- Report directly to the Director of Adult Education any students of concern either directly observed or reported by the teacher.
- Track student admission and dismissals from programs using Apricot data base.
- Administer, score, and record assessments including Best Plus 2.0 and Accuplacer.
- Coordinate all HiSET/GED tutoring sessions and be available to proctor examinations.
- Work with and refer students to any need based; support services within Wellspring and/or community based organizations.
- Attend scheduled hours at the Adult Learning Center at the Sawyer Free Library to assist in the HiSET/GED and ESOL programs.
- Attend all staff meetings and professional development activities.
- Research and understand academic pathways and post-secondary options.
- Teaching: Designated substitute teacher as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Availability of 1-2 evening sessions per a week between 5:30 – 8:30.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years’ experience in Adult Education and/or higher education, adjustment or guidance experience with a social support model for vulnerable students.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office platforms.
- Database experience.
- Excellent oral, written, aural, and interpersonal skills; able to build rapport.
- Experience working with socio-economically diverse/multicultural/multi-lingual populations.
- Sensitivity to socio-economic, cultural, racial generational and linguistic differences.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Master’s degree in Education or related field.
- Commitment to a social justice mission and to meeting the needs of low-income students.
- Resourceful, organized and highly-adaptable- a proactive problem-solver.
- Knowledgeable of North Shore resources (or the willingness to learn).
- Knowledgeable of Community College Pathways and programs.
- Maintains even style and courtesy under pressure.
- Fluency in a tertiary language (Arabic/Portuguese/French).
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. AA/EOE
Overnight and Weekend Shelter Staff – Per Diem
Wellspring House, Inc. is expanding its per diem staff for occasional coverage of weekend and/or overnight shifts at our family shelter in Gloucester. Wellspring has eleven regularly scheduled evening/overnight/weekend shifts every week. The purpose of the per diem pool is to provide a consistent, reliable team of substitute staff members to fill in during vacation, sick time, and other open shifts. Job duties include general supervision of up to 5 families residing at the shelter, ensuring that families are in compliance with shelter guidelines, and maintaining security and order for the facility. We especially seek applicants who have prior shelter and/or residential experience. In addition to being able to maintain professional boundaries, excellent communication and problem-solving skills are a must. High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred. CPR/First Aid Certification required. Overnight shifts are considered ‘asleep’, but staff members must be available to readily respond to the needs of Wellspring House, Inc. and shelter families as necessary during the overnight hours. The per diem position is non-benefitted.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. AA/EOE