Volunteers are a crucial component of the work we do here at Wellspring House, and we would not be able to function fully without them! We have a number of regular volunteer opportunities available both in our education programs and at our main office location:
- Tutoring in the Adult Learning Initiative (ALI): volunteer tutors work with students in this eight week, adult basic education course designed to help people prepare to take the GED, study for a college placement exam, and/or get the skills they need for a better paying job
- Tutoring in our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program: volunteer tutors work one-on-one or in small groups with people looking to improve their English. Speaking a second language is not a requirement to tutor in the ESOL program. Tutors are matched with students based on schedules and compatibility.
- Conducting Mock Interviews in our MediClerk program: a few times a year, Mock Interviewers are needed to help MediClerk students prepare for job interviews. MediClerk is a thirteen week training program for people looking to enter the medical field in administrative positions.
- Volunteers are always welcome to help with the planting and tending to of our organic food garden.
- Fall and Spring Clean-Ups: Every Fall and Spring we bring a large group of volunteers together to help us get our garden and landscaping ready for the Winter and Summer respectively. Clean-Ups are always on a Saturday.
- Holiday Store: Every year, Wellspring collects donations of over 1,500 toys & gifts to provide families with affordable Christmas presents for their children. We always need help collecting donations of new toys for infants and toddlers all the way up to teenagers. Volunteers can also help at the store by being personal shoppers for the families that come to shop!
- Transporting students to take the GED: We are always looking for volunteers who will be available to drive students to either register for the GED exam or to actually take the GED. This is on an as needed basis and would not be a regular transportation service.
Other volunteer opportunities including Special Events and Fundraising come up throughout the year. For more information on these opportunities and how else you can get involved, please contact Wellspring’s Volunteer Coordinator at (978)-281-3221 ext. 300.