Volunteer WERC mentors are needed
Please contact Becky Wuenschel at (978) 281-3558 ext. 323 or email@example.com for more information.
2-Night Mentor Training: March 4 and March 6 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm at 302 Essex Avenue
Mentors help students:
- Stay focused on their Pathway for Personal Success
- Balance and navigate life stressors that get in the way of success
- Deepen academic skills for college and professional success
- Build and polish resumes, cover letters, and interview skills
- Execute job searches
- Develop problem solving skills, confidence, and a deeper, positive sense of themselves
How you can get involved with Wellspring House
Volunteers are needed for:
- Tutoring English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) students
- Tutoring with Adult Learning Initiative (ALI) classes
- Mentoring for students pursuing higher education (read more about WERC, Wellspring’s mentoring program, here)
- Assisting in the MediClerk classroom
- Helping with the annual Holiday Store
- Gardening/Grounds keeping
Wellspring House thrives from the help of many volunteers. The programs available to our students would not be possible without the help of our dedicated volunteer tutors and mentors.
Being welcomed into the “family” of Wellspring House has been an extraordinary gift as I have transitioned to retirement. To have the opportunity as a volunteer to share our students’ enthusiasm as they experience a profound personal transformation has been deeply moving.
– Gary S., Volunteer Math Tutor
Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Assist with our annual Women’s Luncheon and other events
- Join our email list to receive notifications about additional ways to help as needs arise
- Host a linen drive (new: towels, pillows, twin sheets, comforters, etc.) for families living in Wellspring’s shelter
- Volunteer in the Awesome Closet, or host a professional clothing drive for our students entering the workforce
For more information on becoming a volunteer or getting involved with a supply drive or special event, contact Mary Hardwick, Hospitality Manager and Volunteer Coordinator, at (978) 281-3221 ext. 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in organizing a service project, we can host your faith community, corporate team, classroom, troop or pack, contact Mary Hardwick, Hospitality Manager and Volunteer Coordinator, at (978) 281-3221 ext. 300 or email email@example.com.
Wellspring couldn’t do what we do without the help of our valued volunteers. In FY 2017, 406 volunteers provided 4197 hours of service.