English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
The ESOL program is designed to assist adult students to communicate effectively with others as well as to prepare for college or the workforce. Learning is focused on four areas of language development including, comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. Students working at all levels are welcome.
ALL TUTORING/CLASS SESSIONS ARE FREE AND INCLUDE MATERIALS
Our ESOL programs include:
- Class and/or one-to-one instruction
- Beginner to advanced lessons based on meeting the needs of each student
- Citizenship test preparation
Sessions – Ongoing throughout the year.
- Monday and Wednesday 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Additional days and times for independent or small group instruction are available pending tutor availability.
- Sawyer Free Library, 2 Dale Avenue, Gloucester
For more information:
“You can learn what you want. Coming here helped me pass my citizenship test.”
–Muykhim, ESOL student
The program is set up to help individual students with their individual needs.
–Barb, ESOL volunteer for 19 years