The goal of our college preparatory and college-credit coursework (known collectively as the Adult Learning Initiative (ALI), is to provide students with the tools needed for college and/or career readiness.
ALI offers FREE college readiness classes for adults of all ages wanting to improve their academic skills in the areas of reading, writing, math and computers. Courses may be eligible for college credit upon successful completion of the program. The Adult Learning Initiative can help:
- Prepare students for college or career readiness programs in Computers, Math and English
- Increase a student’s academic self-confidence
- Prepare a student to take the Accuplacer Exam
- Earn potential college credit at North Shore Community College
- Assist students with additional academic advising including college and scholarships
Summer In-Person Course Offering:
Tech Goes Home – Computer Basics for Beginners
This in-person beginner computer course introduces the technical and social aspect of computers to learners. Topics include computer hardware (mouse, keyboard, monitor), software (Google Suites), telecommunications concepts (email and zoom), web applications, social media platforms, internet services, data security, and privacy.
Students who successfully complete the full 15-hour program earn a Chromebook and 12 months of internet service.
- DAYS: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- DATES: July 26th, 2022 – August 16th, 2022
- Time: 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Location: Friends Room, Sawyer Free Library
Please note that space is limited as this course is only open to ten students. Students who register after class is filled will be added to the waitlist for the next course session.
For more information or to register please contact Margaret Waugh at email@example.com