Wellspring’s Holiday Store program provides an opportunity for eligible low-income parents to “shop” by appointment for toys and gifts for their children. Each December, for one weekend before the holidays, Wellspring House is stocked with donated toys. Parents register for a 20 minute appointment and, for $2 per child, may pick out one large gift, one medium gift, one small gift, and a book or video.
Last holiday season Wellspring’s Holiday Store served 532 children from 256 families on Cape Ann, providing tremendous financial relief at a time of year when the need is greatest.
This year, Wellspring is extending the Holiday Store program to 100 families living in a temporary motel shelter. This will increase the number of children served to over 750!
The operation of the Holiday Store relies strongly on toy donations. Please consider brightening the holiday season for those in need by heading up a toy drive on behalf of the families that we serve.
Gifts may be dropped off at 302 Essex Avenue, Gloucester from November 1 to December 10, 2011 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
All gifts should be new, unwrapped and non-violent.
- Matchbox cars
- Disney characters/ action hero figures
- Superhero pajamas
- Baby dolls
- Tea sets
- Dress up Costumes
- Toy Guitars/Keyboards
- Jump ropes
- Sidewalk chalk
- Lincoln Logs
- Sports items (soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, hockey skates)
- Make up, hair and nail accessories
- Jewelry craft kits
- Science kits
Winners For Everyone:
- Sports Equipment
- Art supplies are always well-liked. These can range from crayons and markers to paint/pen sets, and even small canvases. A great resource for these kinds of gifts is A.C. Moore.
- Board Games are fun for the whole family: Uno, Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Life, Clue, etc.
- Books we make sure that each child takes home a book from the Holiday Store.
Gift cards are also welcomed:
We like to give each family the opportunity to leave with a gift card of their choice. We recommend Shaws, Market Basket, Marshalls, Stop & Shop, CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid, as these are stores are accessible by public transportation.