The Adult Learning Initiative
Offers free classes for adults to improve skills, prepare to take the HiSET (high school equivalency test), meet the requirements for college entry, and navigate the job market.
It wasn’t just math and English classes. It was information that prepared me for life.
– Robin B. ALI graduate 2016
Course Length: 10-20 weeks depending on the course
When: Both day and evening classes available
Where: 302 Essex Ave, Gloucester
This program helped me clarify what I really wanted to do with my career.
– Arlon O. ALI graduate 2016
The Adult Learning Initiative can help you to:
- Prepare for the high school equivalency test (HiSET/GED)
- Earn college credit at North Shore Community College
- Enter the work force
- Move into a better paying job
- Get ready for college or a job training program
- Increase your self-confidence
- Math preparation for college
Fall 2018 Session Classes at 302 Essex Ave:
- Adult Basic Education – HiSET/GED preparatory Math and English Language Arts- Mondays/Wednesdays, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM; September 2018 to November 2018. Inquire for more details.
- Computers with Career Development – (earns college credit at North Shore Community College) – Tuesdays/Thursdays, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM; 10 weeks starting Mid-September 2018. Night computer class option also available.
- Contact Lisa at 978-281-3558 x322 to learn more and sign up.