The Adult Learning Initiative
Offers free classes for adults to improve skills, prepare to take the HiSET (high school equivalency test), meet the requirements for college entry, and navigate the job market.
It wasn’t just math and English classes. It was information that prepared me for life.
– Robin B. ALI graduate 2016
Course Length: 8-15 weeks depending on the course
When: Daytime and evening classes available
Where: Sawyer Free Library, 2 Dale Avenue & Wellspring House, 302 Essex Ave, Gloucester
This program helped me clarify what I really wanted to do with my career.
– Arlon O. ALI graduate 2016
The Adult Learning Initiative can help you to:
- Prepare for the high school equivalency test (the old GED now called the HiSET)
- Enter the work force
- Move into a better paying job
- Get ready for college or a job training program
- Increase your self-confidence
- Math preparation for college
Information Sessions will be held on January 5th and 10th from 9:00 AM-11:00 AM at the Sawyer Free Library.
ALI 1 & 2 Winter Classes start on January 17th
- ALI 1 Math/English—8-week classes will meet at the Sawyer Free Library on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- ALI 1 Math—8-week class will meet at Sawyer Free Library on Tuesdays from 12:45 PM to 2:45 PM. Class starts on January 23rd.
- ALI 2 College Prep Math—10-week class will meet at 302 Essex Avenue on Tuesday & Thursday nights from 6:15 PM to 8:15 PM.
- Computers for Career & School—8-week class will meet at the Sawyer Free Library on Tuesday & Thursday nights from 5:45 PM to 7:45 PM.
Contact Wellspring’s ALI Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator, Lisa Wheeler at (978) 281-3558 x322 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being able to have one-on-one tutoring within a class setting helped the way I learn. The course helped build my confidence and I learned new skills on the computer that have helped my small business grow.
– Myron, ALI graduate 2014