The Adult Learning Initiative
Offers free classes for adults to improve skills, prepare to take the HiSET (high school equivalency test), meet the requirements for college entry, and navigate the job market.
It wasn’t just math and English classes. It was information that prepared me for life.
– Robin B. ALI graduate 2016
Course Length: 8-15 weeks depending on the course
When: Daytime and evening classes available
Where: Sawyer Free Library, 2 Dale Avenue & Wellspring House, 302 Essex Ave, Gloucester
This program helped me clarify what I really wanted to do with my career.
– Arlon O. ALI graduate 2016
The Adult Learning Initiative can help you to:
- Prepare for the high school equivalency test (the old GED now called the HiSET)
- Enter the work force
- Move into a better paying job
- Get ready for college or a job training program
- Increase your self-confidence
- Math preparation for college
The following Fall Session classes will take place at 302 Essex Avenue:
- ALI Full-Day: 8-week program meets Monday through Friday from 8:45 am to 2:00 pm starting on September 18th
- ALI 1 Evening: 11-week Computers for Career and School meets on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm starting on September 11th
Contact Wellspring’s Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator, Lisa Wheeler at (978) 281-3558 x322 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being able to have one-on-one tutoring within a class setting helped the way I learn. The course helped build my confidence and I learned new skills on the computer that have helped my small business grow.
– Myron, ALI graduate 2014