The Adult Learning Initiative
Offers free classes for adults to improve skills, prepare to take the HiSET (high school equivalency test), meet the requirements for college entry, and navigate the job market.
It wasn’t just math and English classes. It was information that prepared me for life.
– Robin B. ALI graduate 2016
Course Length: 10-20 weeks depending on the course
When: Both day and evening classes available
Where: 302 Essex Ave, Gloucester
This program helped me clarify what I really wanted to do with my career.
– Arlon O. ALI graduate 2016
The Adult Learning Initiative can help you to:
- Prepare for the high school equivalency test (HiSET/GED)
- Earn college credit at North Shore Community College
- Enter the work force
- Move into a better paying job
- Get ready for college or a job training program
- Increase your self-confidence
- Math preparation for college
Winter Session Classes begin on January 8th, 2018 and week of February 5th, 2018 at 302 Essex Ave:
- Adult Basic Education – HiSET/GED preparatory Math and English Language Arts- Mondays/Wednesdays, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM; Feb. 5th to June 27th. New students are able to enroll the first week of March and April. Inquire for details.
- Computers with Career Development – (earns college credit at North Shore Community College) – Tuesdays/Thursdays, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM; 10 weeks starting February 6th.
- Computers for Career and School – (earns college credit at North Shore Community College – Mondays/Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:30 PM; 11 weeks starting January 8th.
- College Readiness Math – (earns college credit at North Shore Community College) – Tuesdays/Thursdays, 6:00 – 8:00 PM; 10 weeks starting February 6th.