Part-Time Program Support Specialist, Job Training Initiatives
The Program Support Specialist (PSS) for Job Training Initiatives at Wellspring House, is a newly created
position. The PSS will be responsible for administrative and program support functions of Wellspring
House’s job training initiatives, including the MediClerk Training Program. MediClerk is a nationally
accredited, 15-week occupational skills training program aimed at opening entry-level job opportunities
and career pathways for North Shore individuals who have been negatively impacted by income
inequality. Run in partnership with, and on the campus of, North Shore Medical Center in Salem, MA,
MediClerk prepares individuals to secure employment in medical office administration and related
Director of Job Training Initiatives
- Collect and maintain accurate student record information in Apricot database system
- Maintain paper and electronic files needed for compliance with program accreditation and state
- Monitor 3-6-12 month follow-up schedule and support Program Coordinator as needed with alumni
- Manage classroom technology, learning materials and office supply inventories
- Support staff and instructors’ administrative needs (copies, scans, etc.)
- Serve as primary contact between Program and Wellspring House, NSMC, and contracted IT support
- Maintain up-to-date job openings list for current students and alumni
- Support marketing and recruitment efforts by creating and updating flyers, brochures and other
- Coordinate and maintain professional clothing donations
- Support enrollment periods by serving as a key point-person for collecting application materials and
supporting documentation and following up with applicants as needed. Participate in Open Houses and
- Serve as a staff “keyholder,” responsible for opening and closing the classroom in the a.m. and/or p.m.
on a rotating schedule with the Coordinator and Program Director
- With Program Coordinator and Program Director, serve as Tech Lab coordinator during MediClerk
- 3-5 years experience in an administrative or program support role; experience with adult education,
training, workforce development, or health care desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college level course-work or post-secondary training preferred
- Bi-lingual, with ability to conduct business in English
- Strong computer and data entry skills (Microsoft 365 including Excel); with a proven ability to learn new
programs and software
- High attention to detail and a commitment to seeing a task through to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Highly collaborative, yet able to be self-directed and independent when required
- Commitment to confidentiality and data integrity
- Able to take both a systematic and person-centered approach to process improvement
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with different abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work-site will be a combination of in-office and virtual office at this time. Must be able to participate in
online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to
facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- This position is part-time, 20-hours per week (daytime, M-F), with employee’s regular schedule to be
approved by supervisor.
- Smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Employee will also become a non-employee of North Shore Medical Center and must be willing to
meet and maintain occupational health and background check requirements.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee
is regularly required to communicate effectively via computer, via phone, and in person.
$20,800 – $26,000/annually
Benefits include paid sick time, professional development opportunities.
Wellspring House is committed to a policy of providing opportunities to people regardless of economic or
social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age,
religion, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, public assistance, veteran history/military
status, genetic information or disability. AA/EOE
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com