Introduction to Computers – Instructor Position
Wellspring House, Inc. inspires families and adults on the North Shore to achieve employment and financial security through stable housing, education, job training and career readiness. Headquartered in Gloucester, MA, Wellspring provides programming on Cape Ann and across the North Shore, including at North Shore Medical Center in Salem. Our partners include North Shore Community College, North Shore Medical Center, Gloucester Public Schools, and others. Currently, Wellspring is seeking to add a dynamic and versatile part-time, Introduction to Computers Instructor to its dedicated team of adult education, ESOL and job training educators.
Job Description Summary:
The Introduction to Computers Instructor will play a critical role in guiding adult learners to develop the digital literacy and computer skills needed to:
- support online learning for themselves and children;
- pursue college or further education;
- secure entry-level employment
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (with a focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), video-conferencing technology (ZOOM, Google Meet) and a variety of internet and cloud-based platforms. They will demonstrate superior organizational and communication skills, while also possessing the flexibility and creativity needed to motivate others, scaffold instruction, and adapt to individual learning approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching experience with adults from culturally, linguistically, racially and socio-economically diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (10-15 hours/week) to include both online and in-person classes
- Ability to travel to various locations across the North Shore; local candidates only
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. AA/EOE