Instructor, Intro to Computers (MediClerk Training Program – Salem, MA)
Department: Job Training Initiatives
Classification: Contract; May – August 12, 2022 with option to renew
Position/Title: Instructor, Introduction to Computers
Reports to: Director of Job Training Initiatives
Status: Part -time
Hours Per Week: 8
WHO WE ARE
Wellspring is guided by the vision of a just society where every member of our community thrives. We are an innovative and welcoming learning environment where people push beyond the limits of their lives to realize success and fulfillment.
Wellspring inspires families and adults on the North Shore to achieve employment and financial security through stable housing, education, job training and career readiness.
Headquartered in Gloucester, MA, Wellspring provides programming on Cape Ann and across the North Shore. Our partners include North Shore Community College, Mass General Brigham Salem Hospital, Gloucester Public Schools and others.
WHAT WE SEEK
Wellspring is seeking to add a dynamic and versatile Introduction to Computers Instructor to its Job Training Initiatives/MediClerk Training Program team. This is a part-time, in-person contract position for the May – August 2022 training cycle, with option to renew for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Introduction to Computers Instructor will play a critical role in guiding adult learners enrolled in Wellspring’s MediClerk Training Program to develop the digital literacy and computer skills needed to:
-support learning and skill acquisition in a hybrid learning environment
-secure entry-level employment in medical office administration and related areas, and
-pursue college or further education and training
The 68-hour, Introduction to Computers course is a significant component of the 15-week, 450-hour MediClerk Training Program. Successful graduates of the program can earn up to 19 transferable college credits at North Shore Community College.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- In-person teaching experience with adults from culturally, linguistically, racially and socio- economically diverse backgrounds.
- Skilled in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (with a focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and video-conferencing technology (ZOOM), and a variety of internet and cloud-based platforms (Google Suite, etc.) with a demonstrated ability to teach these platforms in a clear and approachable manner.
- Ability to comply with immunization requirements of Salem Hospital at least 2 weeks before date-of-hire, (COVID-19, influenza, MMR, Varicella and recent TB test).
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- superior organizational skills, while also possessing the flexibility, creativity, and empathy needed to motivate others and adapt to individual learning needs
- excellent communication skills with ability to motivate others and present key information in a structured and engaging manner
- understanding of adult learning theory and principles
- a hands-on and learner-centered approach to teaching
- highly collaborative and communicative
- deep commitment to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion
Classes are held in Salem, MA at the MediClerk Training Program classrooms at 55 Highland Hall, an administrative building located on the campus of Mass General Brigham Salem Hospital.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
Classes meet Tuesday & Thursday (OR Tuesday & Wednesday) afternoons from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. May 3, 2022 – August 11, 2022.
Rate: $30/hour for approximately 8 hours/week (includes prep, PD, and weekly staff meetings.)
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. In the subject line, write your name and the position title. We will review all submissions, identify candidates, and contact ONLY those individuals selected to continue in the search process. No phone calls please.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating an inclusive organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position.