Gloucester High School Mentoring Program Coordinator
This position is contingent on receiving a contract with Gloucester Public Schools
Position/Title: Gloucester High School Mentor Program Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Career Pathways
Hours per Week: 40
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Job Description Summary:
The Gloucester High School (GHS) Mentor Program Coordinator (Coordinator) works within a collaboration among Wellspring House Career Pathways, Gloucester High School, and the Gloucester Education Foundation. The Coordinator is an adjunct to the GHS School Counseling Department, overseeing mentors who work with GHS students who need support with post high school planning which can include: the college application process, creating awareness that college can be an option for them now or in the future, and/or helping students discern post-graduation options. Under the supervision of the Wellspring Director of Career Pathways, the Coordinator will take an active role in developing the mentor training and take the lead in developing program promotional materials, creating policies and procedures, and managing the recruitment, intake, and onboarding of mentors and students.
The goal of the GHS Mentor Program is to provide additional assistance, working within the auspices of GHS School Counseling, to support GHS students who have the aptitude to advance in post-secondary education, job training, and/or employment.
- Define the mentor role and identify a mentor profile (i.e. time commitment), in conjunction with the GHS mentoring committee,
- Refine existing mentor training to address needs of high school students,
- Facilitate pre-program needs assessments to determine the scope of the program and the number of mentors needed,
- Determine reporting needs, manage data input, and oversee data usage,.
- Determine mentor/Guidance interface and processes,
- Create student/mentor meeting schedule including meeting locations,.
- Work closely with Wellspring Career Pathways staff to develop the mentor training as well as developing training materials and resources and recruitment materials,
- Coordinate development of program policies and procedures,
- Develop and implement student and parent promotional materials and recruitment,
- Develop a system for mentor oversight and support, including regular opportunities for mentors to connect with each other to share experiences and problem solve collectively,
- Manage and provide support to mentors, including creating a supportive mentor community,
- Coordinate enrichment opportunities for mentors and students including workshops, guest speakers, tours of local businesses and industries, college tours etc.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the developmental stages and needs of youth and young adults,
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral; ability to build rapport with students,
faculty, administrators, caregivers, and community partners,
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills,
- Extensive experience in successful mentor program management as well as career and educational advising/counseling,
- Resourceful, organized, and highly adaptable, a proactive problem-solver,
- Sensitive to and experience working with socio-economically diverse, multicultural, and multilingual populations.
Interested Candidates should send resumes to WERCjobs@wellspringhouse.org