Career & Education Advisor
Department: Career Pathways (3099)
Position/Title: Career & Education Advisor
Reports to: Director of Career Pathways
Hours per Week: 40
Job Description Summary:
The Career & Education Advisor works within the Wellspring Educational Resource Collaborative (WERC) team to assist youth and young adult students in designing and implementing an individual Pathway for Personal Success (PPS) with the goal of enrollment in a post-secondary education setting (leading to a degree or credential) and/or to achieve a living wage job. Under the supervision of the Director of Career Pathways, the Career & Education Advisor will assist with the recruitment, intake and onboarding of new students.
The goal of Wellspring’s programs is to foster the development of creative, reflective learners, and of executive functioning and life skills. The Career & Education Advisor collaborates with local non-profit, educational, and business partners to ensure that Wellspring’s students have opportunities to be successful while pursuing their education and career goals. The Career & Education Advisor’s efforts are aligned with Wellspring’s mission and strategic goals to realize measurable results in meeting pressing needs of the local community.
· Proven ability implementing academic and career pathways for adults and young adults.
· Ensuring guests have access to all necessary support services.
· Developing and implementing high school curriculum curricula? focusing on Life Skills in conjunction with Gloucester High School faculty.
· Developing and implementing outreach programs focused on supporting program graduates in job search and postsecondary education application activities.
· Managing all aspects of mentor relationships.
· Proven experience with Youth and Young Adult engagement.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, education, or related field or equivalent experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms with database experience.
· Excellent communication skills – written and oral; ability to build rapport with students and community partners.
· Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
· Extensive experience in successful career and educational advising/counseling.
· Resourceful, organized, and highly adaptable, a proactive problem-solver.
· Sensitive to and experience working with socio-economically diverse/multicultural/multi-lingual populations.
· Holds licensure or certification as a counselor, advisor, or life coach.
Please send your resume and cover letter to WERCjobs@wellspringhouse.org. No phone calls please. AA/EOE For more information about Wellspring House, please visit our website at: www.wellspringhouse.org