Wellspring’s Annual Holiday Store
Wellspring’s Holiday Store program provides an opportunity for eligible low-income parents to shop by appointment for toys and gifts for their children. This program not only brightens the holidays for kids in need, it also serves as a lifeline that keeps parents from getting behind on bills or rent in January. Each December, for one weekend before the holidays, Wellspring House is stocked with donated toys. Parents register for a 20 minute appointment and, for $2 per child, may pick out one large gift, one medium gift, one small gift, and a book.
Last year’s Holiday Store served 804 children from 344 homeless and low-income families from our region. That’s over 1500 toys!
The 2017 Holiday Store will take place on December 9th and 10th.
The operation of the Holiday Store relies strongly on toy donations. You can help by:
- Organizing a toy drive
- Dropping off gifts
- Donating a gift card (Preferred stores: Market Basket, Marshalls, or drug stores such as CVS or Walgreens)
All gifts should be new, unwrapped and non-violent. Gifts may be dropped off at 302 Essex Avenue from Monday, November 27 until Wednesday, December 6, 2017 from 9am to 4pm.
For more information on how to get involved please contact Katie Misuraca, Development Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-281-3558 ext. 303.
- Matchbox cars
- Disney characters/ action hero figures
- Superhero pajamas
- Baby dolls
- Tea sets
- Dress up Costumes/Princess attire
- Toy Guitars/Keyboards
- Jump ropes
- Sidewalk chalk
- Lincoln Logs
- Sports items (soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, hockey skates)
- Make up, hair and nail accessories
- Jewelry craft kits
- Science kits
Winners For Everyone:
- Sports Equipment
- Art supplies: From crayons and markers to paint/pen sets, and even small canvases. A.C. Moore is a great resource for these gifts.
- Board Games are fun for the whole family: Uno, Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Life, Clue, etc.
- Books: We make sure that each child takes home a book from the Holiday Store.
Families interested in scheduling an appointment must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Cape Ann.
- Have legal and physical custody your child or children.
- Bring $2 for each child you plan to shop for plus $1 for a gift card, if one is available.
- Must schedule the appointment and speak to a live person. Appointments cannot be made by voicemail.
In an effort to ensure that the greatest numbers of families in our community are served, families are only permitted to receive assistance from one agency. By making an appointment with us you are giving Wellspring the right to share your information with Pathways for Children or other local agencies.
More information about sign-ups will be provided as the date of the Holiday Store draws nearer.