Director of Community Education
Wellspring House, Inc. seeks a Director of Community Education to provide leadership for the development and management of Wellspring’s adult education programs including English Language Learning (for youth and adults settling in the U.S. from other countries); Adult Learning Initiative (adult basic education and college preparatory coursework), & the Wellspring Education Resource Collaborative (an individualized career and educational advising service). Wellspring’s education programs are based on principles of universal design for learning, with the goal to facilitate the development of creative, reflective learners. The Director collaborates with local non-profit, educational, and business partners to ensure that Wellspring’s students have opportunities to be successful while pursuing their education and career goals. The Director ensures that the organization’s adult education programs are aligned with Wellspring’s mission and strategic goals to realize measurable results in meeting pressing needs of the local community. The Director is a member of a 6-person Senior Team that takes collective responsibility for the smooth and successful operation of a well-established, 35-person organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with and understanding the needs of adult learners who have struggled academically
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs that are supportive environments where youth and adults successfully pursue self-directed learning and expand and deepen their creative, reflective thinking and problem solving skills
- A facilitative leadership style that fosters active participation of all team members
- Master’s degree in adult education or related field, or commensurate work experience in adult education or related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in a management role including staff supervision
- Ability to lead a team towards a lofty vision with patience, humor, and integrity
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. AA/EOE
Overnight and Weekend Shelter Staff – Per Diem
Wellspring House, Inc. is expanding its per diem staff for occasional coverage of weekend and/or overnight shifts at our family shelter in Gloucester. Wellspring has eleven regularly scheduled evening/overnight/weekend shifts every week. The purpose of the per diem pool is to provide a consistent, reliable team of substitute staff members to fill in during vacation, sick time, and other open shifts. Job duties include general supervision of up to 5 families residing at the shelter, ensuring that families are in compliance with shelter guidelines, and maintaining security and order for the facility. We especially seek applicants who have prior shelter and/or residential experience. In addition to being able to maintain professional boundaries, excellent communication and problem-solving skills are a must. High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred. CPR/First Aid Certification required. Pay rate ranges between $11/hour – $16/hour, depending on the shift that is being covered. Overnight shifts are considered ‘asleep’, but staff members must be available to readily respond to the needs of Wellspring House, Inc. and shelter families as necessary during the overnight hours. The per diem position is non-benefitted.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. AA/EOE